Computation is revolutionizing drug discovery. Advances in big chemical data, massive computing power, artificial intelligence, and molecular dynamics simulation are changing the way we develop new drugs. At 1910 Genetics, we put computation at the heart of drug discovery, blending expertise in computational chemistry, structural biology, pharmacology, genetics, data science, and software engineering to develop drugs for previously undruggable targets.
You are someone we can count on to...
Build and lead a state-of-the-art lab. You will ensure our new lab space is a safe and efficient physical working space. You take pride in creating an organized and thoughtful lab space to help fuel drug discovery efforts. You can manage longer term strategic projects while running the day-to-day operations.
You possess a strong problem-solving attitude, willingness to build repeatable processes, and an adaptable mindset. You can see around corners - envisioning weeks and months ahead - to consider all details related to lab operations, projects, partnerships, vendor relationships, and more.
You communicate and respond effectively and efficiently, while maintaining flexibility and a sense of humor. You are a humble team player who is willing to help with priorities across the growing organization as assigned.
Your key responsibilities will include…
- Owning the Environment, Health, & Safety (EH&S) Program with a third party partner to ensure lab safety compliance and maintenance of federal and local permits and licenses
- Serving as the point of contact for all lab needs, including planning and supporting lab designs, moves, and reorganizations
- Developing ongoing lab-wide training processes and policies and onboarding new lab members
- Overseeing equipment procurement and performance, which includes strategic sourcing of new equipment in partnership with internal teams, ensuring its installation and calibration, and scheduling preventive maintenance and service requests and reports
- Monitoring equipment utilization and optimizing lab resources to within budget allocations
- Managing stockrooms to maintain stock levels by placing orders for consumables and other special orders and coordinating international and domestic shipping and receiving of packages
- Partnering with the building landlord and vendors who maintain and repair building systems and collect waste to ensure a fully functional facility
- Troubleshooting and responding to complex challenges and putting in controls to prevent future issues
- Ensuring LIMS integration with lab processes and support with lab hardware
- Forming an emergency response team and serving as emergency contact
- Partnering with the Office Manager on procurement coordination and bookkeeping tasks to maximize time and cost efficiencies for the organization
- Providing other administrative and project management support to other business areas as assigned
Ideally, you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in the life or physical sciences
- 2+ years of experience leading lab operations in support of biology assay processes
- Experience at a high growth biotech startup is preferred
- Experience with lab automation is preferred
- Experience in lab buildout, moving, and setup is a plus
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams), G-Suite, and lab databases and documentation systems
You will learn...
- Computational and Medicinal Chemistry
- AI/ML applied to drug discovery
- Existing tools, systems, and processes that currently support the 1910 Genetics team
You will teach...
- Lab safety and operations policies and procedures
Compensation & benefits
- Extremely generous equity package coupled with competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits
- Generous vacation and parental leave
- Super cool team building activities
- Flexible work schedule
- Great colleagues