1910 Genetics is the only company that has built a synergistic,
dual-purpose small and large molecule platform that integrates artificial intelligence (AI),
computation, and biological automation to design drug-like molecules better, faster, and cheaper than traditional approaches.
Based in the Seaport District of Boston, 1910 Genetics is a Series A stage biotechnology startup that was founded in 2018
and is backed by prestigious investors, including M12-Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Sam Altman – the CEO of OpenAI (makers of ChatGPT),
Playground Global, Y Combinator, New Ventures Funds (Scientia Ventures), and many others.
At 1910 Genetics, we first established an understanding of the molecular basis of disease to the granularity at which the world understands sickle cell anemia. This understanding centers biology as our North Star and drives our integration of artificial intelligence (AI), computation, and biological automation to accelerate the design of small molecule and protein therapeutics.
Recent advances in computational technologies have placed historically “undruggable” targets within therapeutic reach. But at 1910 Genetics, we often say “Biology is King,” meaning that computational technologies are only impactful in drug discovery when driven by experimental biology. Our platforms’ scale and breadth empower us to be therapeutic area-agnostic with programs ranging from neuroscience and immunology to infectious disease and oncology, to name a few.
You are someone we can count on to...
Roll up their sleeves as an Individual Contributor (IC) by keeping up with relevant scientific literature, prototyping promising methods, and contributing to our active drug design campaigns by applying 1910’s productionized AI/ML models.
Ideally you have...
- PhD in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 0+ years of relevant industry experience (AI, Drug Discovery, etc.)
- A first principles understanding of statistics and classical machine learning methods (SVM, RF, etc.)
- Experience training and deploying cutting edge deep learning methods (Transformers, Graph Neural Networks, etc.)
- The ability to write clean, maintainable, production-quality Python code
- Familiarity with MLOps and DevOps best practices
- Exposure to distributed computing (Azure, AWS, University Cluster, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Your key responsibilities will include…
- Proposing and prototyping AI/ML solutions that address use cases in our design pipeline
- Applying productionized AI/ML models to advance our active drug design campaigns
- Keeping up-to-date on cutting edge research in the AI for drug discovery space
- Writing and publishing peer reviewed scientific articles
- Periodically presenting recent AI research at internal journal clubs
You will learn…
- How a molecule progresses through the drug discovery process
- How to demonstrate business value related to developed AI/ML solutions
- Biology and medicinal chemistry related to your modelling efforts
You will teach…
- Cross-functional scientific colleagues about how AI/ML can be used to answer cheminformatics and bioinformatics questions.
Compensation & Benefits…
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Above market benefits
- Generous vacation and parental leave
- Super cool team building activities
- Flexible work schedule (3 days onsite)
- Great colleagues