1910 Genetics is the only company that has built a synergistic,
dual-purpose small and large molecule platform that integrates artificial intelligence (AI),
computation, and biological automation to design drug-like molecules better, faster, and cheaper than traditional approaches.
Based in the Seaport District of Boston, 1910 Genetics is a Series A stage biotechnology startup that was founded in 2018
and is backed by prestigious investors, including M12-Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Sam Altman – the CEO of OpenAI (makers of ChatGPT),
Playground Global, Y Combinator, New Ventures Funds (Scientia Ventures), and many others.
At 1910 Genetics, we first established an understanding of the molecular basis of disease to the granularity at which the world understands sickle cell anemia. This understanding centers biology as our North Star and drives our integration of artificial intelligence (AI), computation, and biological automation to accelerate the design of small molecule and protein therapeutics.
Recent advances in computational technologies have placed historically “undruggable” targets within therapeutic reach. But at 1910 Genetics, we often say “Biology is King,” meaning that computational technologies are only impactful in drug discovery when driven by experimental biology. Our platforms’ scale and breadth empower us to be therapeutic area-agnostic with programs ranging from neuroscience and immunology to infectious disease and oncology, to name a few.
You are someone we can count on to...
- Roll up your sleeves as an Individual Contributor (IC) and play an important role in our mission to use AI/ML to develop drugs against historically difficult disease targets
You will own…
- Computational chemistry programs across therapeutic modalities, disease targets, and indications
- Implementation of computational chemistry toolkits (e.g., MOE, CCDC, Cresset) to run virtual screening campaigns to rapidly identify drug candidates for further development while proactively seeking and incorporating input from Medicinal Chemistry
- Effective collaboration with the Biology and Medicinal Chemistry teams by providing key computational chemistry insights to aid in the Hit-to-Lead and Lead Optimization phases of drug discovery operations
- Effective collaboration with the ML Engineering and AI Research team by providing key computational chemistry insights to aid in the development of AI/ML models for drug discovery as well as the incorporation of those models into drug discovery operations
You will learn...
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Biochemistry and biophysics
- AI/ML applied to drug discovery
- Existing tools, systems, and processes that currently support the 1910 Genetics team
You will teach...
- Key computational chemistry principles to your cross-disciplinary colleagues from Medicinal Chemistry, AI Research, Machine Learning Engineering, Cell Biology, and Pharmacology
You will improve…
- Our existing process for progressing from computational hit to experimental hit to lead to drug candidate
Within 1 month you will…
- Propose a few hundred virtual hits to the Medicinal Chemists for synthesis
Within 3 months you will…
- Progress a virtual hit to a biochemical/cellular hit
- Co-author provisional patents on hit scaffolds
Within 6 months you will…
- Validate a cellular hit in a clinically relevant animal model of disease
- Update provisional patents with the animal model data
Within 12 months you will…
- Nominate a lead candidate for progression into IND-enabling studies
Ideally, you have…
- Ph.D. in chemistry
- 2+ years of postdoctoral or industrial experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams), G-Suite
Compensation & benefits
- Extremely generous equity package coupled with competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits
- Generous vacation and parental leave
- Super cool team building activities
- Flexible work schedule
- Great colleagues