1910 Genetics is the only company that has built a synergistic,
dual-purpose small and large molecule platform that integrates artificial intelligence (AI),
computation, and biological automation to design drug-like molecules better, faster, and cheaper than traditional approaches.
Based in the Seaport District of Boston, 1910 Genetics is a Series A stage biotechnology startup that was founded in 2018
and is backed by prestigious investors, including M12-Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Sam Altman – the CEO of OpenAI (makers of ChatGPT),
Playground Global, Y Combinator, New Ventures Funds (Scientia Ventures), and many others.
At 1910 Genetics, we first established an understanding of the molecular basis of disease to the granularity at which the world understands sickle cell anemia. This understanding centers biology as our North Star and drives our integration of artificial intelligence (AI), computation, and biological automation to accelerate the design of small molecule and protein therapeutics.
Recent advances in computational technologies have placed historically “undruggable” targets within therapeutic reach. But at 1910 Genetics, we often say “Biology is King,” meaning that computational technologies are only impactful in drug discovery when driven by experimental biology. Our platforms’ scale and breadth empower us to be therapeutic area-agnostic with programs ranging from neuroscience and immunology to infectious disease and oncology, to name a few.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Search & Evaluation would be a core member of the Business Development team and would blend a strong scientific background with an impressive track record of sell-side Search & Evaluation experience that has resulted in transformative strategic partnerships for biotech companies who are selling platforms, technologies, drug assets, etc. to pharmaceutical companies.
The ideal individual would partner with all scientific and technical teams at 1910 Genetics (AI Research, ML Engineering, Software Engineering, Computational Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology, Preclinical Development) to extract the key differentiation of 1910’s platforms, develop it into a coherent narrative, position it in the ever-evolving AI for drug discovery competitive landscape, and strategically sell 1910’s platforms to stakeholders of any audience (scientists, business executives, etc.)
Ideally you have...
- Ph.D., M.D., or combined MD/PhD in the life sciences is required
- Minimum of 5 years of Search & Evaluation experience in a Sell-Side Business Development Role that requires selling platforms, technologies, drug assets to pharmaceutical companies
- A strong deal sheet that demonstrates a track record of identifying, evaluating, structuring, negotiating, closing, and executing sell-side BD deals with biopharma companies
- Minimum of 3 years of Drug Discovery & Development and experience in the biopharma industry
- Experience working in a biotech startup is ideal
- Beyond expertise in Search & Evaluation, exposure to other aspects of the end-to-end sell-side BD process, including but not limited to: deal structuring, negotiations, transactions, closing, and alliance management
- Superior written and spoken communication skills that is required to credibly sell novel platforms and technologies to biopharma partners
- Excited about working in a resource-constrained startup environment that provides ample opportunity for accelerated career growth
- A strong team player, who can give and receive mentorship
- Able to work independently with a sense of urgency and ownership
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Above market benefits
- Generous vacation and parental leave
- Super cool team building activities
- Flexible work schedule (3 days onsite)
- Great colleagues