Computation is revolutionizing drug discovery. Advances in big chemical data, massive computing power, artificial intelligence, and molecular dynamics simulation are changing the way we develop new drugs. At 1910 Genetics, we put computation at the heart of drug discovery, blending expertise in computational chemistry, structural biology, pharmacology, genetics, data science, and software engineering to develop drugs for previously undruggable targets.
You are someone we can count on to...
Provide day-to-day administrative and project management support to the Chief Executive Officer. You can organize, prioritize, and handle a high volume of time-sensitive, confidential information and facilitate quick and efficient action on the important items with strong attention to detail.
You can ensure our new office is a comfortable and safe physical working space for employees and guests. You possess a strong problem-solving attitude, willingness to build office processes, and an adaptable mindset. You can see around corners - envisioning weeks and months ahead - to consider all details related to upcoming meetings, projects, partnerships, vendor relationships, PR efforts, and more.
You communicate and respond effectively and efficiently, while maintaining flexibility and a sense of humor. You are a humble team player who is willing to help with priorities across the growing organization as assigned by the Associate Director of Business Operations and Finance.
Your key responsibilities will include…
- Providing comprehensive support to the Chief Executive Officer by maintaining her calendar with discretion and an understanding of business priorities, coordinating meetings and events, making travel arrangements, and managing expenses
- Supporting short and long-term operational, financial, and strategic projects by tracking key deliverables to completion and managing stakeholders
- Assisting in honing our internal company meeting cadence, agendas, and communications
- Organizing and executing social team activities and retreats
- Managing all aspects of daily office operations for our new office space, such as inventorying, ordering, and organizing equipment and other supplies
- Managing relationships with the building property management company and external office management vendors
- Creating the employee office experience, including desk set-up and swag for new hires and setting up for meetings
- Overseeing the guest experience to ensure a personal, friendly experience for any visitors to the office space, or via video conference, when needed
- Partnering with the Lab Operations Manager on coordination of procurement and bookkeeping tasks to maximize time and cost efficiencies
- Monitoring budget and financial reports for supported functions
- Helping to scale the company by researching, implementing, and documenting new administrative resources, tooling, policies, procedures, and programs
- Providing administration and project management support to Business Operations and Finance, as assigned
Ideally, you have…
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience assisting at the executive level
- 2+ years of experience with office management
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams), G-Suite, and other office processes and systems
- Experience at a high growth biotech startup is a plus
Compensation & benefits
Extremely generous equity package coupled with competitive salary
Generous vacation and parental leave
Super cool team building activities
Flexible work schedule