1910 Genetics is the only company that has built a synergistic,
dual-purpose small and large molecule platform that integrates artificial intelligence (AI),
computation, and biological automation to design drug-like molecules better, faster, and cheaper than traditional approaches.
Based in the Seaport District of Boston, 1910 Genetics is a Series A stage biotechnology startup that was founded in 2018
and is backed by prestigious investors, including M12-Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Sam Altman – the CEO of OpenAI (makers of ChatGPT),
Playground Global, Y Combinator, New Ventures Funds (Scientia Ventures), and many others.
At 1910 Genetics, we first established an understanding of the molecular basis of disease to the granularity at which the world understands sickle cell anemia. This understanding centers biology as our North Star and drives our integration of artificial intelligence (AI), computation, and biological automation to accelerate the design of small molecule and protein therapeutics.
Recent advances in computational technologies have placed historically “undruggable” targets within therapeutic reach. But at 1910 Genetics, we often say “Biology is King,” meaning that computational technologies are only impactful in drug discovery when driven by experimental biology. Our platforms’ scale and breadth empower us to be therapeutic area-agnostic with programs ranging from neuroscience and immunology to infectious disease and oncology, to name a few.
In this role you will…
Serve a critical role in enabling 1910 to meet its financial obligations timely. As a member of the Finance and Business Operations Team will ensure that all established processes are followed. Will perform a broad range of financial transactions, customer service, and office support duties. The position works closely with members of the finance team, operations, department heads and human resources to ensure the financial management of the departments is carried out with professionalism, accuracy, timeliness, and excellent customer service.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day processing of financial transactions, predominantly in the areas of invoicing, receivables, and payables through our system Air Base. Provides the highest level of financial administrative support and customer service to internal and external resources. Works to ensure timely, informative communication and high-quality financial administration support are provided in all phases and aspects of financial interactions with the CEO, people managers, and other critical individual contributors. Serves as a key resource for staff for various financial tracking and reporting activities, providing information, guidance, and support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to internal & external clients' inquiries
- Communicate with Vendors Regularly and Effectively
- Organize, save, track and monitor vendors’ invoices
- Conduct a quality check to ensure that vendors’ invoices are aligned with agreement and service rendered
- Manage airbase expense management system to monitor accounts payable, billing and payment
- Forward batched invoices/PO to the CEO or her designated official twice a month.
- Monitor Monday.com BizOps for pending/new requests & respond accordingly.
- Ensure that a 3-way match is done to pay invoices.
- Create Purchase orders with vendors quote and route for approval to the appropriate Dept Heads & the CEO
- Route documents for CEO’s approval in DocuSign
- Onboarding new Dept Heads/spend owners on Airbase.
- Assist with month-end closing duties.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Above market benefits
- Generous vacation and parental leave
- Super cool team building activities
- Flexible work schedule (3 days onsite)
- Great colleagues