Computation is revolutionizing drug discovery. Advances in big chemical data, massive computing power, artificial intelligence, and molecular dynamics simulation are changing the way we develop new drugs. At 1910 Genetics, we put computation at the heart of drug discovery, blending expertise in computational chemistry, structural biology, pharmacology, genetics, data science, and software engineering to develop drugs for previously undruggable targets.
You are someone we can count on to...
- Act as both an Individual Contributor (IC), who can roll up her sleeve, and play an important role in our mission to use AI/ML to develop drugs against historically difficult disease targets, as well as a Leader who can build and grow the Medicinal Chemistry team
You will own...
- All aspects of the company’s medicinal chemistry efforts across therapeutic modalities, disease targets, and indications
- Effective collaboration with computational chemists in virtual screening campaigns to rapidly identify drug candidates for further development
- Effective collaboration with the ML Engineering and AI Research team by providing key medicinal chemistry insights to aid in the development of AI/ML models for drug discovery
- The growth of the Medicinal Chemistry team over time
You will teach...
- Key medicinal chemistry principles to your cross-disciplinary colleagues from Computational Chemistry, AI Research, Machine Learning Engineering, Cell Biology, and Pharmacology
You will learn...
- Computational Chemistry
- AI/ML applied to drug discovery
You will improve...
- Our existing process of progressing from computational hit to experimental hit to lead to drug candidate
Within 1 month you will...
- Nominate a few hundred virtual hits for synthesis
Within 3 months you will...
- Progress a virtual hit to a biochemical/cellular hit
- Author provisional patents on hit scaffolds
Within 6 months you will...
- Validate a cellular hit in a clinically relevant animal model of disease
- Update provisional patents with the animal model data
Within 12 months you will...
- Nominate a lead candidate for progression into IND-enabling studies
- Grow the Medicinal Chemistry team
This is an exciting time to join a fast growing startup on a mission to save human lives. If you enjoy working on important problems with a small team of passionate and fun individuals, come join us!
Compensation & benefits
- Extremely generous equity package coupled with competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits
- Generous vacation and parental leave
- Super cool team building activities
- Flexible work schedule
- Great colleagues