1910 Genetics is the only company that has built a synergistic,
dual-purpose small and large molecule platform that integrates artificial intelligence (AI),
computation, and biological automation to design drug-like molecules better, faster, and cheaper than traditional approaches.
Based in the Seaport District of Boston, 1910 Genetics is a Series A stage biotechnology startup that was founded in 2018
and is backed by prestigious investors, including M12-Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Sam Altman – the CEO of OpenAI (makers of ChatGPT),
Playground Global, Y Combinator, New Ventures Funds (Scientia Ventures), and many others.
At 1910 Genetics, we first established an understanding of the molecular basis of disease to the granularity at which the world understands sickle cell anemia. This understanding centers biology as our North Star and drives our integration of artificial intelligence (AI), computation, and biological automation to accelerate the design of small molecule and protein therapeutics.
Recent advances in computational technologies have placed historically “undruggable” targets within therapeutic reach. But at 1910 Genetics, we often say “Biology is King,” meaning that computational technologies are only impactful in drug discovery when driven by experimental biology. Our platforms’ scale and breadth empower us to be therapeutic area-agnostic with programs ranging from neuroscience and immunology to infectious disease and oncology, to name a few.
You are someone we can count on to...
- Provide day-to-day administrative and project management support to the Senior Team.
- You can organize, prioritize, and handle a high volume of time-sensitive, confidential information and facilitate quick and efficient action on the important items with strong attention to detail.
- You can ensure our office is a comfortable and safe physical working space for employees and guests. You possess a strong problem-solving attitude, willingness to build office processes, and an adaptable mindset. You can see around corners - envisioning weeks and months ahead - to consider all details related to upcoming meetings, projects, partnerships, vendor relationships, PR efforts, and more.
- You communicate and respond effectively and efficiently, while maintaining flexibility and a sense of humor. You are a humble team player who is willing to help with priorities across the growing organization as assigned by the Vice President of People & Culture.
Your key responsibilities will include…
- Supporting short and long-term operational, financial, and strategic projects by tracking key deliverables to completion and managing stakeholders
- Assisting in honing our internal company meeting cadence, agendas, and communications
- Organizing and executing social team activities and retreats
- Managing all aspects of daily office operations for our new office space, such as inventorying, ordering, and organizing equipment, and other supplies
- Managing relationships with the building property management company and external office management vendors
- Creating the employee office experience including desk set-up and swag for new hires, ordering and stocking supplies, and setting up for meetings
- Overseeing the guest experience to ensure a personal, friendly experience for any visitors to the office space, or via video conference, when needed
- Partnering with the Lab Operations Manager on coordination of procurement and bookkeeping tasks to maximize time and cost efficiencies
- Monitoring budget and financial reports for supported functions
- Helping to scale the company by researching, implementing, and documenting new administrative resources, tooling, policies, procedures, and programs
- Providing administration and project management support to Business Operations and Finance, as assigned
Ideally, you have…
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience with office management
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams), G-Suite, and other office processes and systems
- Experience at a high growth biotech startup is a plus
You will learn…
- About Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applied to drug discovery driven by Biology and Computational and Medicinal Chemistry from the business perspective
- Existing tools, systems, and processes that currently support the 1910 Genetics team
- About data central repository systems and a variety of apps (i.e., Monday.com, Lattice)
- You will learn quick, smart techniques about IT management and support.
You will teach…
- Administrative and office policies and procedures to support the high growth organization
- You will help our new hires learn and embrace the 1910 culture
Compensation & Benefits...
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Above market benefits
- Generous vacation and parental leave
- Super cool team building activities
- Flexible work schedule (3 days onsite)
- Great colleagues