1910 Genetics is the only company that has built a synergistic,
dual-purpose small and large molecule platform that integrates artificial intelligence (AI),
computation, and biological automation to design drug-like molecules better, faster, and cheaper than traditional approaches.
Based in the Seaport District of Boston, 1910 Genetics is a Series A stage biotechnology startup that was founded in 2018
and is backed by prestigious investors, including M12-Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Sam Altman – the CEO of OpenAI (makers of ChatGPT),
Playground Global, Y Combinator, New Ventures Funds (Scientia Ventures), and many others.
At 1910 Genetics, we first established an understanding of the molecular basis of disease to the granularity at which the world understands sickle cell anemia. This understanding centers biology as our North Star and drives our integration of artificial intelligence (AI), computation, and biological automation to accelerate the design of small molecule and protein therapeutics.
Recent advances in computational technologies have placed historically “undruggable” targets within therapeutic reach. But at 1910 Genetics, we often say “Biology is King,” meaning that computational technologies are only impactful in drug discovery when driven by experimental biology. Our platforms’ scale and breadth empower us to be therapeutic area-agnostic with programs ranging from neuroscience and immunology to infectious disease and oncology, to name a few.
Computation is revolutionizing drug discovery. Advances in big chemical data, massive computing power, artificial intelligence, and molecular dynamics simulation are changing the way we develop new drugs. At 1910 Genetics, we put computation at the heart of drug discovery, blending expertise in computational chemistry, structural biology, pharmacology, genetics, data science, and software engineering to develop drugs for previously undruggable targets.
1910 is a startup funded by Microsoft Ventures, Y-Combinator, and Playground Global. We have demonstrably effective cross-disciplinary AI platforms that accelerate precision drug discovery. If you’re excited about pushing breakthroughs that can only happen at the limit of multi-disciplinary convergence, then consider joining the 1910 Genetics Team!We are seeking a highly motivated, driven and goal-oriented Project Manager to join our team.
- Manage and drive project milestones and timelines to ensure the timely execution of multiple milestones across the scientific and business teams in order to achieve our company’s mission and vision.
- Interface with internal and external partners as required to align on project deliverables, communicate progress, and build strong relationships with the technical team.
- Manage and interpret scientific data and prepare presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Support scientific team leaders to achieve technical success through effective planning, communication, and relationship building.
- Manage execution of project plans, meeting logistics, facilitating external & internal meetings, authoring of minutes, and effectively communicating progress to key stakeholders.
- Cross functional and multidisciplinary collaboration - Work internally with scientists, engineers, and managers to create written project plans to define research scope, tasks and deliverables, and skills that will be required to technically execute on each project.
- Identify potential project risks, escalating critical problems to management and proactively developing mitigation plans with appropriate coordination of all stakeholders.
- Effectively summarize key information such as program progress, timeline updates, and risk/opportunity assessments for periodic presentations to management.
- The candidate needs to be detail-oriented, highly organized, capable of independently and efficiently prioritizing multiple projects, flexible in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, have great time-management skills, be an excellent communicator, and passionate about advancing new therapeutics from the laboratory bench to humans.
- Graduate STEM degree in Biology or Project Management experience managing Biology-focused projects.
- At least one project management certification (e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP), Scrum / Kanban Master, Six Sigma, etc.)
- 2+ years of agile project management experience using Scrum, Kanban, or Hybrid methodologies
- 2+ years of project management in a scientific environment
- 2+ years’ experience with Jira and Monday.com (or similar project management tool, e.g., Asana, Wrike)
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or at least 2+ years of Biotech Project Management experience managing Biology-focused projects.
- 1+ years of agile project management and related experience
- 1+ years of managing Biology-focused projects with PMLC SOPs in place
- 1+ years using standard Microsoft Office tools (Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, etc.)
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and help agile teams address roadblocks
- Strong familiarity with agile (Scrum / Kanban or similar) project management tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycleExcellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy, a sense of ethics, and a bias toward action
- Proven ability to implement meaningful KPIs and value assessment methodsExposure to web apps (React)
- Exposure to data visualization platforms (Tableau, Spotfire, etc.)Experience with Jira and Monday.com (or similar project management tool, e.g. Asana, Wrike)
- Parameterize project scope and objectivesEstimate resources needed for tasks and objectives
- Write user storiesTrack resources (costs, person hours, etc.) throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to targeted stakeholdersDraft, track, and deliver statements of work (SOWs)
- Manage contracts with vendors and CROs, monitor their progress
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project executionMonitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Perform all tasks and roles expected of an Agile Project Manager including:
- Participating in generating user stories
- Preside over and facilitate project design sessions
- Populating and managing the backlogsEnsuring that pull requests into the production repos are vetted and tested
- Ensuring that all the essential information to reproduce tested outcomes are captured and stored in version-control at all relevant steps of the PMLC
- Ensure that the cost-benefit-risk assessments for project, user stories, and tasks are adequately addressed and periodically updated as new information becomes available
- Ensure that any significant changes to stated goals or outcomes are accepted by stakeholders before they are undertaken
- Monitor and support the full product management life cycle (PMLC) including updating and/or creating SOPs where needed
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.US EEO Statement1910 Genetics is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.